The protection of personal information is our commitment to maintain the principles of integrity and trust. We will protect the privacy of personal information of employees, clients, customers and others individuals whose personal information we collect, use and disclose. We are complying with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (the “Act”) and all other applicable privacy laws.
We are responsible for all personal information under our control, even if its not in our possession. We have developed policies and procedures to deal with the proper collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To individualize your experience on our website;
- To communicate separately with you;
- To facilitate your movements throughout our website;
- To be able to selectively send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise;
We will only collect personal information for the purposes we have identified above and that are reasonable in the circumstances. We will only collect personal information through methods that are lawful, will not collect information indiscriminately and will try to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless authorized by that individual to collect it from a third party or otherwise as permitted by the Act.
We require the consent of individuals to collect, use or disclose personal information. Unless required by law or otherwise authorized by the Act, we will not use or disclose personal information already collected for other purposes unless we obtain the consent of the individual to whom it belongs. Generally, we will seek consent to use and disclose personal information at the same time as we collect the information. We will affirmatively ask to join our mailing lists using the forms provided on this website or other means expressly sanctioned by us.
Subject to contractual or legal arrangements, you may withdraw or refuse consent provided that we are given reasonable notice. We will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent, if any.
We strive to only send e-mails to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future e-mails from us, reply to any email with UNSUBSCRIBE as the subject.
Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
We may disclose the personal information to:
- A person who in our reasonable judgment is seeking the information as an agent of the individual;
- A company or individual engaged by us to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
- A credit reporting agency;
- A public authority or agent of a public authority, if in our reasonable judgment, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information; or
- Where you consent to such disclosure or it is required or authorized by law.
We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site, including contact forms, download requests or email lists.
We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above, as required for legal or business purposes or as required by law. Subsequently, we will destroy, erase, or make anonymous such information. However, we will retain for at least one year personal information that has been used to make a decision about a client, customer or employee.
Links to Other Sites